You probably know this already, but music is a powerful tool that can play with our moods and emotions. Now, think about music in a video or even a film. Adding the right music to a video magically transforms it into an emotional rollercoaster.
However, when editing your video and adding an audio file to it, you may experience difficulties. Let’s assume you paid special attention to the choice of music for your video. Still, you aren’t really sure which editor to use to add music to video easily and professionally.
It might come pretty tough, right? Luckily, there are easy ways you can use to add music to your video online and offline. In this article, we will take a look at some of them.
- How to Add Music to Your Video Online?
- How to Add Music to Your Video Offline?
- How to Add Music to Your Video on Mobile?
How to Add Music to Your Video Online?
Renderforest suggests an online video editor that will assist you in the process of adding music to a video online and delivering a professional video easily.
Let’s see how it works.
Start with choosing one of the video templates from our library of customizable templates.
You can browse over the wide variety of video templates or do a quick search for different topic categories.
Let’s pick a Broadcast Video Editing Tool as a sample video template and use it for adding a music file to our video online. Click “Create Now” to start adding a music file to your video.
Decide between the two options for creating a video — adding scenes manually, or using a premade video story. To edit your video, you need to add scenes manually.
Click “Add Scenes” to start.
Scene catalog offers a wide variety of categories, including Video Headlines, Video Holders, Social Action Scenes, and a lot more.
Let’s pick a video holder scene to upload a video file.
Customize the scenes once you choose them. See the tools, including text and image placement and video placement fields on the left.
You can add your video in 4 different ways. Select the most convenient one and add your video.
Once you add your video, you can edit and cut it to pick the parts that you want.
Once you’ve added the video, you should move to the music section to finally add music to video.
There are several ways of adding background music to your video. You can find a variety of royalty free music tracks in our Music Library. As the tracks come with a “rights reserved” tag, the free version of the final video won’t be available for commercial use. You are also free to upload and add your own audio track. You can upload not only audio but a voice-over and sync it with your video as well.
Once you are done with adding music to your video, make sure you go to the “Preview” section and click on “Free Preview” to check the final video.
Remember that you can go back and edit the video anytime. In case there is anything you want to add or change the audio clip, the video will be saved in the “My Videos” section.
How to Add Music to Your Video Offline?
So, you know how to add music to video online. Now, let’s take a look at how you can add background music to your video offline. Download the best video editing software and have it at hand to add audio files to a video whenever and wherever you’ll need it. When you are offline, you need to have the software installed either on your Mac or Windows to add audio of your choice to a video clip.
How to Add Music to Your Video on Mac?
One of the best ways to add audio to your video on Mac is through iMovie. You can add audio from iTunes, Sound Effects, or GarageBand.
Follow this short video with some tips on how to use iMovie to add music to a video.
Check out some other options for editing videos on Mac.
- Kdenlive offers a wide range of elaborate features that allow the users to add audio to video easily.
- HyperEngine-AV is another free software for Mac you can use to add audio to a video. The app assists with the process of capturing, editing, organizing, and exporting video and audio files.
- Lightworks offers advanced editing tools, allowing you to make professional video editing, including adding background music in a number of ways.
How to Add Music to Your Videos on Windows?
There are a number of software programs that you can install on Windows to proceed with adding background music to your video. Once you finish editing and adding music as well, you can export the video clip.
We’ve come up with a list of popular, top-rated, and most frequently used editing software for Windows.
- VideoStudio is a video editing toolset that facilitates the editing process and makes it more intuitive.
- VSDC Video editor has both free and paid options. The free option offers a versatile set of features, including audio editing and design correction.
- Machete Lite Video Editor is suitable for quick editing work, and you can use it if you need to add audio to video.
You can check out the chart below that gives a lot of insight into software features for Windows.
There are also a number of powerful video editing software that work both for Mac and Windows you can use to add audio to a video.
- Video Converter Ultimate allows the users to merge, crop, and trim video files adding multiple audio tracks both from external sources and from the built-in library.
- Avidemux is another major editing software designed for both Mac and Windows. It offers tools to do simple cuttings, filterings, and editings with various types of files, such as AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, and more.
- DaVinci Resolve Studio also offers high-quality editing tools for video. It gives the users a digital audio workstation to edit sounds and music.
Now that you are familiar with the most powerful editing software for Mac and Windows, let’s take a look at how you can add audio to video on Mobile.
How to Add Music to Your Video on Mobile?
We don’t always have our PCs or laptops with us, do we? But we do almost always keep our phones at hand. So, what if you want to add to your video in a short while and all you have with you is your smartphone.
Well, we are here to suggest some of the best ways of doing that.
How to Add Music to Your Video on Android?
The best way of searching for offline Android video apps is through the Play Store. It offers a wide variety of options to add audio to a video. You can find some of the top-ranked free and easy-to-use video apps for Android below.
- Movie Maker is currently one of the best editing apps to work with a video file offline. A number of functions are at your disposal, including trimming, cropping, and tools to work on an audio file.
- VivaVideo editor allows you to edit video clips, make slideshows and short movies. It gives you a chance to download songs from the existing music library or upload your own in case you want to add an audio file to your video.
How to Add Music to Your Video on iOS?
We’ve done a little bit of research for you and came up with some of the most popular apps for iOS in case you want to add music to your video on your smartphone.
- iMovie Video Editing App works with all Apple software in general, including iPhones and iPads. iMovie comes with easy-to-use tools you can use to add audio to your video file.
- Splice Video Editor suggests a wide range of audio genres to choose from. It has a special timeline for audio editing as well.
The good news is that some of the high-ranking apps are in fact working for both iOS and Android.
- Adobe Premiere Rush CC (iOS/Android) is one of the most popular editing programs. It’s a free app that offers a variety of pro-level features. What Adobe suggests is that you don’t need to be a professional cinematographer to reach the wanted results with your videos. Adobe Premiere Rush can help you edit and design professional motion graphics videos.
As you can see, you don’t need to put in a lot of time and effort to add music to a video. Once you know which software or app to choose, everything else goes smoothly and clear. You can add audio to video online via Renderforest, but you can do it offline as well using built-in software or installing a new one. You can also add audio to your video via mobile devices.
Renderforest provides a library of free music tracks. But you can also find royalty free music from other sources or add your own music track.
So, good luck with adding music to your video. This is a crucial step in the video creation process, and it will help you to get the desired results.
Do you want to try and add audio to video right now?