Instagram users share over a hundred million posts on Instagram daily. And besides sharing, people also like to download and save Instagram videos for safekeeping or to watch them later.
You simply don’t have enough time to watch them all. Downloading Instagram stories and videos sounds easy, right? But in fact, it has been the concern of many users for a long time. Unlike Facebook or other similar social platforms that allow you to save videos in a couple of clicks, Instagram doesn’t offer the option of downloading at all.
However, there are several ways to download Instagram videos and stories.
In this article, we’re going to discuss them all.
- How to Save Instagram Video Posts?
- How to Download Instagram Videos on PC?
- How to Download Instagram Videos on Mobile?
- How to Download Someone Else’s Instagram Videos?
- How to Save Instagram Live Videos?
- How to Download Instagram Stories on Mobile?
- How to Download Instagram Private Videos?
- Screen Record Instagram Video
How to Save Instagram Video Posts?
Sometimes, you might come across an Instagram video post that you would like to save to get back to it in the future. The good news is that Instagram lets you save any kind of post, even from other users. You can safely keep any Instagram post in the “Saved” folder by just tapping on the bookmark icon at the bottom of the post, be it a video, or a photo.
As easy as it seems, just a simple click will save the video/photo that you want to preview and maybe share in your Stories later on. You can go to the “Saved” posts by clicking on the triple bar at the left top of the page. This helps to keep all your favorite posts in one place.
How to Download Instagram Videos on PC?
There are cases when you need to save a video from Instagram on your PC. What can you do? There are 3 different ways to download Instagram video posts:
Use the Source Code
You can do it even if you don’t have any coding skills. A simple right-click on the video and choose “Inspect.”
Search for “.mp4” on the source page and copy the link ending with “.mp4.”
Paste the copied link in a new tab, and once it starts playing, you can download it by right-clicking and tapping “Save video as.”
Use Google Chrome Extensions
If you use Google Chrome, you have an opportunity to find helpful video downloader extensions. Even for downloading Instagram videos. Simply search for the “Downloader for Instagram” extension and add it to your browser.
Go to your Instagram page, open the video, and move your mouse cursor to the top right corner of the screen. Finally, tap “Download” and the selected video will be saved on your device.
Use Third-Party Websites
There’s another option for those who don’t like the first two options. You can use popular Instagram video downloader third-party websites like “Savefromweb” to make the downloading process very straightforward.
Open the video and tap on it to select “Copy Share URL/Copy link.” Paste the video link in the input box on one of the mentioned third-party websites. Once you find the video in the search results, tap the “Download” button.
These were the simple ways of saving videos on a PC. Now, let’s see how you can save video on mobile.
- Instagram Marketing for Beginners
- 22 Creative Instagram Post Ideas
- How to Use Instagram Stories for Business
How to Download Instagram Videos on Mobile?
Things are way simpler when you want to save your own Instagram videos on mobile. You can update the settings on your mobile, and your videos will be automatically saved, right after you publish them through the Instagram app.
If you want to have this option set up, make sure to update your mobile settings. Go to your Instagram profile page and select “Settings” in the triple bar at the top right of your mobile screen. From “Settings”, go to the “Account” section. Choose the “Original Photos” option and tap “Save Original Photos.”
After changing the settings, your photos and videos will be automatically saved on your camera roll once you publish them on the Instagram app.
What about saving someone else’s Instagram videos?
How to Download Someone Else’s Instagram Videos?
This is a very tricky question. Why? Because you can’t use videos created by others for commercial or other purposes without their consent and permission. But, if you simply want to save a video you like to watch it later, check out the following applications and choose one to go with, depending on your device.
- Video Downloader for Instagram (Android) offers a very easy way of downloading Instagram videos. Right-click on a video and select “Copy Link.” Paste the link on the Video Downloader app and save the video.
- Regrammer (iOS) follows almost the same process. Select the “Copy Share Link” and paste it on Regrammer search bar. Once you find the video you were searching for, click the “Repost” button. This will save the video on your camera roll. You can close the repost sheet after that.
- InstaSave (iOS, Android) is a free app available on iOS and Android.
InstaSave will open a list of all the videos from your feed. You can download them by just tapping the arrow below, to select “Save.” The downloaded videos will be stacked on InstaSave feed.
How to Save Instagram Live Videos?
If you want to save your Instagram live videos, you should do that right after you finish recording the video. The video will be saved to your device once you tap “Save” at the top right corner of the screen. Take into consideration, that you can’t save the comments, likes, or views of your live video.
You will be offered to save the video once you finish recording it. You’ll not be given that option later on.
Please, note that you can’t download the live videos recorded by other Instagram users.
How to Download Instagram Stories on Mobile?
The stories on Instagram disappear in 24 hours, so, sometimes, the need to save them before they disappear becomes vital. Even though you can keep your stories in the Highlights, you still won’t have an opportunity to download them without help from third-party tools. Let’s see how you can do it.
How do I Download my own Instagram Stories?
If you want to download your Instagram story to your camera roll, you must tap the “Save” icon in the bottom left. If the story is already posted on Instagram, then you should open the post and click on the three-dot icon at the top right to select “Save.” This will save your Photo/Video to your photo gallery.
How Do I Download Instagram Stories From Someone Else’s Account?
Saving your own Instagram stories is pretty easy, isn’t it? But what about other people’s stories? Can we download stories from others’ profiles as well?
In fact, you can download other people’s stories directly on your mobile very easily. Check out the following apps for Android and iOS:
- Quicksave (Android) is a free app that offers an easy approach to Instagram story downloading. All you need to do is to select “Copy Share URL” from options. Doing this, you’ll find the wanted video/photo on QuickSave, and you can download it easily by just tapping the “Download” button.
- Repost & Downloader For Instagram (iOS) is available on the App Store for free. Search with the username. The search results will bring all the videos and stories of the user you searched for. After you find the one you were searching for, tap the “Share” button, and select “Save.” You’ll find the photo/video on your camera roll.
- Quick Reposter (iOS) is a very simple tool available on the App Store. The process is very identical. Copy the link and paste it in the search bar to download the video.
How to Download Instagram Stories on Desktop?
To save someone else’s Instagram story on your PC, you will need a third-party website. There are hundreds of similar websites that do this all the same way. But we will present some of the most vivid website examples that serve that function.
- Weinstag: Go to their website and enter the username of the person whose story you want to download. When you find the story that you were looking for, right click “Save link as” and you will be able to save the link anywhere on your computer.
- Stories-ig: The same process works with this website, as well. You just go to their website, type the username, scroll down to find the story that you want to download, open it, and hit “Download.” The story will be saved on your device a few moments later.
By the way, there are a whole different set of third-party websites that can help you download videos from private accounts.
How to Download Instagram Private Videos?
This is one of the most frequently requested questions. This can be done both on apps and online via websites. “Instagram Private Video Downloader” is a popular website that helps you to download private Instagram videos online. You should open the source page by right-clicking on the video and selecting “View Page Source.” Copy the HTML code and paste it in the input box on the website. Once you copy and paste the code in the search bar, the search results will show you the video which you can extract by tapping “Download Instagram Video” button.
Screen Record Instagram Video
Last but not least, remember that there is always the option of screen recording the video. iPhone has an in-built screen recording function. Go to the video you want to save, play it, and start the screen-recording. Don’t move the screen so that the whole video is captured. You can use different apps to crop out the unnecessary parts on the screen-recording later in the process.
The vast majority of Instagram ads are videos. Videos have become the preferred medium for content distribution on this social media platform. With this in mind, it seems that the users are still a little bit concerned about how to save videos on Instagram. The process of downloading Instagram videos, stories, and live videos differs depending on the device. It’s worth knowing how to do it because you might want to save some quite useful and nice videos. So, once you’ve learned how to do it, go ahead and try.