Does your business have an Instagram account? If yes, then it’s one of the 25 million business accounts on Instagram.
It’s a huge number. But, don’t let it scare you or think that promoting your business on Instagram is useless. 83% of Instagram users say they discover new products/services on the platform, and now they can even make a purchase without leaving the app.
You’ll definitely find a way to attract more followers and potential customers if you learn how to use the platform for your business.
Below you can find the most important Instagram statistics for those who want to boost their Instagram marketing efforts in 2022.
Use this HTML code to share the infographic on your website:
<a href="https://www.renderforest.com/blog/instagram-statistics-infographic"><img src="https://cdn.renderforest.com/website/blog-media/62582bba7d38d62582bba7d38e.jpg" alt="Instagram Statistics Infographic" border="0"/></a><br/>Via: <a href="https://www.renderforest.com/blog/instagram-statistics-infographic">Renderforest</a>
75+ Instagram Statistics
General Instagram Statistics
- Instagram is the 4th largest social network and the 7th most visited website in the world.
- Around 2 billion people use Instagram every month.
- There are more than 127 million Instagram users from the United States.
- Instagram is the second most-downloaded free app in the world.
Instagram User Statistics
- 17.6% of the world population use Instagram.
- Around 30% of global Instagram users are 25-34 years old.
- Globally, 20% of 13 years old and older are on Instagram.
- 50% of the global Instagram users are 34 years old or younger.
- 16% of global active Instagram users are 18-24-year-old men.
- The number of 55-64-year-old men that use Instagram increased by around 64%.
- Despite Instagram age restriction guidelines, 11% of 9-11-year-old kids use Instagram.
- The top 3 countries by Instagram user count are (Jan 2022): India – 230.25 million, The United States – 159.75 million, Brazil – 119.45 million.
- 12% of Instagram users live in the United States.
- Instagram is the preferred social media platform for 25% of teenagers in the United States.
- In the US, 14% of adults have never heard of Instagram.
- Instagram is one of the favorite social platforms of Gen Z’s.
- 59% of Instagram users log in daily.
- 42% of Instagram users check their accounts several times a day.
- 0.1% of Instagram users use only Instagram.
Instagram Content Statistics
- 40+ billion photos have been shared on Instagram.
- Instagram posts: photos – 71.9%, videos – 14.2%, carousels – 13.9%.
- 68% of video marketers plan to include Instagram videos in their 2022 strategy.
- 50% of Instagram users discover new content through the Explore section.
- 90% of Instagram users watch videos every week.
- 1 million users watch Live videos every day.
- 500 million accounts use Instagram Stories every day.
- Carousels get more organic interactions than other types of posts.
- 45.7% of Instagram posts include questions.
- Posts that include a location get 79% more engagement.
- Instagram Stories generate 1/4 of the platform’s ad revenues.
- Instagram users engage with videos 2 times more than photos.
- Instagram posts include 11 hashtags on average.
- Posts that include at least 1 hashtag have 12.6% more engagement.
- The average comments to followers ratio for video posts is 0.06%, for photo posts – 0.08%.
- Photos that show faces get 38% more likes and engagement.
- 92% of Instagram users trust user-generated content more than ads.
- 81% of users were influenced by user-generated content while making their buying decision.
- 1/4 of sponsored posts on Instagram are related to fashion.
- More than 50% of Instagram posts and comments contain emojis.
- 57% of Instagram users like seeing polls and quizzes shared by brands.
- Brands on Instagram share up to 20 posts a month.
- Brands share an average of 2.5 Stories weekly.
- Brands that are active on Instagram share more than 17 Stories monthly.
- 60% of brands use interactive elements like stickers, polls, questions, music, etc.
Instagram Business Statistics
- 90% of users follow at least one business on Instagram.
- 200 million users visit at least one business profile every day.
- Brands receive about 10x more engagement on Instagram than on Facebook.
- Business accounts make one post a day on average.
- Business accounts post 13.1 Stories on average every month.
- Business accounts have around 1.68% monthly growth in follower count.
- 62% of users are more interested in a brand after seeing it in a Story.
- Industries with high engagement on Instagram: fashion – 31.9%, e-commerce – 15.8%, beauty – 13.7%, auto – 10.3%, retail – 9.1%.
- 98% of fashion brands have accounts on Instagram.
- 71% of US businesses use Instagram.
- 83% of users discover new products and services on Instagram.
- 44% of users shop on Instagram every week.
- There are over 2 million advertisers on Instagram.
- Annual Instagram advertising revenue is over $26.46 billion.
- Ad spending on Instagram is 23% higher than on Facebook.
- 96% of US marketers will continue using Stories ads in 2022.
Instagram Engagement Statistics
- Average engagement rates: all types of posts – 0.85%, business account posts – 0.83%, all types of video posts – 0.55%, photo posts – 0.88% , carousel posts – 1.05%, accounts with up to 10k followers – 1.29%, accounts with 10-100k followers – 1.00%, business accounts with up to 10k followers – 1.11%.
- With an average of 1.60%, brands with the highest engagement rates include higher education – 3.96%, nonprofits – 2.40%, and sports teams – 2.40%.
- Instagram users show the most engagement on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Instagram Influencer Statistics
- There are more than 500k active influencers on Instagram.
- 89% of surveyed marketers say that Instagram is the most important channel for influencer marketing.
- 18% of marketers say that Instagram has the best ROI for influencer marketing.
- 37% of Instagram users interact with influencers.
- More than 55% of Influencers use Instagram Stories for sponsored campaigns.
- Influencers with 500-5k followers earn an average of $114 for a video post, $100 for an image post, and $43 for a Story.
- Influencers with 30k-500k followers earn an average of $775 for a video post, $507 for an image post, and $210 for a Story.
Other Instagram Statistics
- With 490 million followers, the official Instagram account @instagram is the most followed account.
- With 424 million followers, Christiano Ronaldo is the most followed individual on Instagram.
- In 2022, Instagram turns 12 years old.
- In 2021, the most mentioned brand on Instagram was Zara, followed by Nike and Shein.
- The top 5 most used hashtags on Instagram are #love (1.835B), #instagood (1.150B), #fashion (812.7M), #photooftheday (797.3M), and #beautiful (661.0M).
- The red heart emoji is the most frequently shared emoji on Instagram, followed by the smiling face with heart eyes emoji.
- The most popular post on Instagram is a photo of an egg by the account @world_record_egg, which has 55.8 million likes at the moment.
- The Like button on Instagram is clicked 4.2 billion times per day.
- The top 3 most popular food on Instagram are Pizza, Ice Cream, and Sushi.
With these statistics, we can clearly see the effectiveness of this platform. Now, all you need to do is reshape your Instagram marketing strategy by having this information in mind.
Don’t forget about including video content in your strategy, as it’s one of the most engaging types of content shared online. To create Instagram videos, you can use online tools that offer ready-made templates.
Try now by creating your Instagram Story posts with the help of our Instagram Stories Pack: