It’s no secret that social media is one of the most powerful tools for increasing brand awareness, and visual content plays a crucial role in this.
There are many strategies and best practices you can use to craft the perfect social media visual. The starting point, however, should always be getting the resolutions right as they may vary per platform and even post type. An image size perfect for one platform may be cropped or look too small on another.
Social media platforms favor optimized images, ensuring a wider reach. Not only will your visual look better, but more people will see it!
With that said, knowing the image sizes and recommended resolutions beforehand is essential to avoid additional work later. The good news is, we have done the research for you and collected the latest image size specifications for major social media channels in one place.
Let’s check it out!
Use this HTML code to share the infographic on your website:
<a href="https://www.renderforest.com/blog/social-media-image-sizes"><img src="https://cdn.renderforest.com/website/blog-media/616e751b633c2616e751b633c3.jpg" alt="Renderforest Social Media Image Sizes 2021" border="0"/></a><br/>Via: <a href="https://www.renderforest.com/blog/social-media-image-sizes">Renderforest</a>
- Social Media Marketing 101
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing
- Instagram Marketing for Beginners
- Social Media Video Dimensions
Twitter Image Sizes
- Header image: 1500 x 500 | max 5 MB
- Profile image: 400 x 400 | max 2 MB
- In-stream image: 1024 x 512 | max 5 MB
- Promoted image: 1200 x 600 | max 3 MB
LinkedIn Image Sizes
- Company cover: 1536 x 768 | max 4 MB
- Company logo: 300 x 300 | max 4 MB
- Company page banner: 646 x 220 | max 2 MB
- Shared image: 350 pixels wide
- Sponsored content image: 1200 x 627
Facebook Image Sizes
- Cover photo: 820 x 312 (min 400 x 150)
- Profile picture: ≥180 x 180
- Shared post image: 1200 x 630
- Event cover: 1920 x 1080
- Promoted image: 1200 x 1200
- Facebook story image: 1080 x 1920
- Facebook story ad: 1080 x 1920
Instagram Image Sizes
- Profile image: 110 x 110
- Shared photos: 1080 x 1080
- Stories resolution: 1080 x 1920 (min 600 x 1067) | max 4 GB
- Promoted image: 1080 x 1080, 1080 x 566
YouTube Image Sizes
- Channel cover image: 2560 x 1440
- Channel icon: 800 x 800
- Video thumbnail: 1280 x 720 | max 2 MB
- YouTube Companion banner ads: 300 x 250
Pinterest Image Sizes
- Profile image: 165 x 165 | max 10 MB
- Board cover image: 222 x 150 (min 55 x 55)
- Pinned image preview: 236 pixels wide
- Pinned image: 1000 x 1500
- 10 Types of Videos People Enjoy on Social Media
- 30+ Social Media Tools to Ease Your Job
- 22 Creative Instagram Post Ideas
In the ever-changing world of social media, keeping up with visual elements best practices can be hard without a cheat sheet, so we have decided to create one. Hopefully, this recommended image size guide will save you time and additional work next time you are creating a social media image. And remember – the quality of the visual elements is what determines whether your audience will be attracted to your post or will move forward to the next one.