Video content rules social media and is not about to stop anytime soon. One of the reasons behind this is that this content type proved to be increasingly effective: marketers who use video content get 66% more qualified leads per year on average.
If you, too, are looking to start using videos to promote your brand or even your personal page on social media, one of the first steps is learning about video dimensions of each platform. To make the most out of your social media efforts, you need to make sure your content looks as good as it can. And getting the video resolution right plays a crucial role in this.
Each social media platform supports many types of videos, from live videos to video ads. Add to this that platforms often update the recommended dimensions, and keeping up may seem too time-consuming. To save you time on research, we have gathered the most up-to-date information you may need about multiple social media video dimensions in the infographics below. Read on!
Use this HTML code to share the infographic on your website:
Twitter Video Dimensions
- Landscape video recommended dimensions: 320 x 180, 640 x 360 and 1280 x 720
- Portrait video recommended dimensions: 240 x 240, 480 x 480 and 640 x 640.
- Video length: max 140 sec | max 512 MB
- Average video length: 45 sec
- Video ad recommended dimensions: 1200 x 1200
- Video ad length: 140 sec | max 1 GB
LinkedIn Video Dimensions
- Required video dimensions: 480 x 360, 640 x 360, 640 x 480, 960 x 720, 1280 x 720, 1440 x 1080, 1920 x 1080
- Video length: max 10 min
- Average video length: 30 min
- Ad video dimensions: 1440 x 1080, 1920 x 1080
- Ad video length: 30 min | max 200 MB
Facebook Video Dimensions
- Cover video length: 20 sec – 90 sec
- Cover video dimension: 820 x 312
- Shared video dimension: 1280 x 720 | max 4 GB
- Min video width: 600 pixels
- Video length: max 120 min
- Average video length: 1 min
- Ad video: at least 1280 x 720 | max 4 GB
- Ad video length: max 240 min
- Facebook video story: 1080 x 1920
Instagram Video Dimensions
- Min video resolution: 600 x 315, 600 x 600, 600 x 750 | max 4 GB
- Video length: max 60 sec
- Average video length: 30 sec
- Stories resolution: 1080 x 1920 (min 600 x 1067) | max 4 GB
- Stories length: max 15 sec
- IGTV video resolution: 1080 x 1920
- IGTV video length: max 10 min, 60 min for verified accounts
YouTube Video Dimensions
- Recommended video dimensions: 854 x 480, 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1440
- Min video dimension: 426 x 240.
- Max video dimension: 3840 x 2160.
- Video length for unverified channels: max 15 min
- Video length for verifies channels: max 12 h
- Max YouTube video size: 128 GB
- Average video length: 2 min
Pinterest Video Dimensions
- Recommended video dimensions: 600 x 600, 600 x 900
- Max video length: 30 min
- Max file size: 2 GB
TikTok Video Dimensions
- Recommended video dimensions: 1080 x 1920
- Video length: max 15 sec, can combine segments up to 60 sec | max 287.6 MB (iOS), 72 MB (Android)
- In-feed ad video resolutions: 720 x 1280, 640 x 640, 1280 x 720
- Ad video length: 5 – 16 sec | max 500 MB
Knowing exactly what social platforms want and optimizing your content for each platform can go a long way in helping your efforts get noticed. Hopefully, this extensive list of the latest dimensions and aspect ratio of social media videos covers everything you need to know to create videos with the right file size, that your audience can enjoy across different platforms.
Need help with creating your next video? Create videos for social media with our customizable templates and amaze your audience with your creativity. Try today!