Social Media Marketing
With more than 1 billion hours of videos watched daily, YouTube is an ideal place to build your presence. Having almost 2 billion monthly active users, the platform makes it easy for marketers and brands to find and reach their target audience.
Of course, you first need to research the type of content that will interest them, create videos tailored to your viewers’ needs, and optimize your videos to match your audience’s interest.
But before you start creating your videos, it’s important to learn the key YouTube numbers and statistics. Whether you are an independent creator starting on YouTube or a marketer promoting brands, knowing these numbers will help you improve your YouTube marketing strategy and ensure growth.
In the infographic below, we’ve gathered and categorized 40+ YouTube statistics you need to know in 2021.
Use this HTML code to share the infographic on your website:
- YouTube has over 2 billion users.
- YouTube is available in more than 100 countries and 80 languages.
- 30 million users are active on YouTube daily.
- YouTube is the second largest social network.
- 1 billion hours of video are watched on YouTube daily.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to TV.
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world after Google.
- Every minute, 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- 70% of all YouTube views come from smartphones.
- An average YouTube viewing session on mobile is 40 minutes.
- YouTube users collectively watch 46,000 hours of content every year.
- The most subscribed YouTuber is PewDiePie, with 108 million subscribers.
- “How to” searches on YouTube are growing by 70% year after year.
- 93% of most-watched videos on YouTube are music videos.
- Lego is the largest branded channel on YouTube, with 8.2 million subscribers.
- 62% of businesses use YouTube.
- 250 million hours of YouTube videos are watched on TV daily.
- An average YouTube user spends around 12 minutes on the platform daily.
- 90% of viewers have discovered a new brand or product on YouTube.
- An average user visits 6.5 pages during each visit.
- 20% of viewers will leave the video after the first 10 seconds.
- YouTube mobile ads are 84% more likely to hold attention than TV ads.
- 37% of 18- to 34-year-olds watch YouTube daily.
- 79% of 18-34 year-olds prefer watching videos uploaded by people, not brands.
- 51% of YouTube users visit the site daily.
- 73% of U.S. adults report using YouTube.
- 89% of YouTube users are from outside the U.S.
- YouTube has 38% female users and 62% male users.
- 77% of 15–25 year-olds in the U.S. use YouTube.
- YouTube has over 1.9 billion monthly active users.
- Google purchased YouTube for $1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
- YouTube revenue grew by 36% in 2019 compared to 2018, coming to $15.1 billion.
- The number of channels earning six figures on YouTube is growing by 40% year by year.
- On average, creators are paid $0.5 for 1000 video views.
- YouTube ad revenue in the second quarter of 2020 was $3.81 billion.
- YouTube generates 6% of the ad review of Google.
Interesting to Know
- Ryan Kaji (formerly known as “Ryan ToysReview) is the highest-earning YouTuber, who in 2019 has earned $26 million.
- The video with the most views as of November 2020 is the “Baby Shark Dance,” with 7.4 billion views.
- “Me at the zoo” was the first video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
- The first YouTube video that reached one million views was a 2005 Nike ad that featured football star Ronaldinho.
- More than 70% of what YouTube users watch is based on their recommendations.
- YouTube Rewind 2018 is the most disliked video on YouTube.
As you can see, YouTube is one of the most effective platforms for promoting your brand. It’s a wonderful way to reach your viewers and impact them with catchy videos. Now, it’s the right time to start creating your marketing videos and publishing them! Use our ready-made, customizable templates to create your awesome YouTube videos in a blink.