Videos have not only become an inseparable part of our personal lives but also a valuable tool for our business promotion. This is what video marketing statistics show.
People watch a lot of videos and share them with their family, friends, and colleagues. The types of those videos vary from funny, cute animals to tutorials and promotions. This gives you an opportunity to use your creativity and spread the word about you and your brand through videos. It’s time for you to take that chance and start creating unique and informative videos for your business.
We have some data to back up our words and show the clear benefits of video marketing campaigns. You can make an explainer video, promotional videos, branded intro videos, video ads, or animations. The style of your videos depends on your goals and your target audience.
According to our survey, 78% of users got more traffic to their website after using videos. Besides, 83% of video marketers claimed that thanks to videos the average time on their website has increased. 83% of users generated new leads with the help of video content, and 44% of users increased their sales.
The video marketing stats presented below will give you information about how videos perform across different platforms and devices, who uses videos and who watches them, what impact videos have on conversion rates, and how videos can improve your ad campaigns.
Use this HTML code to share the infographic on your website:
<a href="https://www.renderforest.com/blog/video-marketing-statistics"><img src="https://cdn.renderforest.com/website/blog-media/61e16b4f15ecd61e16b4f15ece.jpg" alt="Video Marketing Statistics Infographic" border="0"/></a><br/>Via: <a href="https://www.renderforest.com/blog/video-marketing-statistics">Renderforest</a>
- 7 Types of Marketing Videos and Their Objectives
- 13 Tips for Effective Video Marketing
- Video Editing Basics for Beginners
- 40+ Video Ad Templates for Every Business
Benefits of Video Content
- 70% of businesses say that videos boost brand awareness. (Renderforest survey)
- 78% of businesses agree that videos increase traffic.
- 83% of video marketers said that videos help to generate leads. (HubSpot)
- 44% of people are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- 91% of marketers said that videos have become an important tool for businesses and brands during the pandemic. (HubSpot)
- 85% of businesses use video in marketing, 92% of them consider videos an essential part of their marketing strategy. (Wyzowl)
- 52% of video marketers said that video content has the best ROI. (HubSpot)
- Video traffic will make up 82% of all consumer traffic by the year 2022. (Cisco)
- 66% of people would rather watch a short video about a product or service than read a text. (Elite Content Marketer)
- 33% of online activity is watching videos on different platforms. (WordStream)
- 55% of people watch videos every day. (50 Wheel)
- 68% of people watch up-to-1-minute videos till the end. (Convenience and Convert)
- 33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds. (50 Wheel)
- 25% of people finish watching a video if it’s longer than 20 minutes. (VidYard)
- 75% of viewers prefer watching horizontal videos. (Social Media Week)
- 65% of people skip online video ads. (CNBC)
Types of Videos
- 62% of businesses use explainer videos.
- 82% of B2B businesses use explainer videos.
- 46% use logo animations in their videos.
- 38% use video advertisements as part of their marketing strategy.
- 33% create demo videos.
- 44% of businesses say informative videos perform the best, while 37% find entertaining videos to be the most effective.
- The 3 most popular types of videos are webinars, demos, and social videos. (Vidyard)
- 80% of major brands use Stories on social media.
- 94% of people watch explainer videos to understand a product or service better.
- 58% of B2B businesses use logo animations in their videos.
- 93% of millennials watch how-to videos on YouTube.
Videos and Platforms
- Website and social media platforms are the top video distribution channels. (Lemonlight)
- 58% of businesses have a video on their homepage.
- Users spend up to 88% more time on websites with videos.
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- 83% of marketers say that videos helped them increase the average time people spend on a web page. (Wyzowl)
- In 26% of cases, Google search results include videos. (Brightedge)
- 44% of people say they would watch a video included in an email.
- Including videos in email increases clickthrough rates by up to 300%.
- As of now, only 25% of businesses use video in email marketing.
Videos on Social Media
- 81% of users say they prefer videos on social media over other content types. Images come next, with 68% preference, and text posts come third (31%).
- 75% of people are more likely to follow a brand’s social media page if it has video content.
- 74% of video marketers say that videos receive the most engagement on social media.
- 56% of businesses post up to 5 videos to social media every month, 30% post more.
- 90% of people watch videos on YouTube, 51% watch videos on Facebook, 38% on Instagram.
- 30 seconds is the best length for Instagram videos, 45 seconds for Twitter videos, and 1 minute for Facebook. Longer videos perform best on YouTube.
- Twitter video views have increased 220 times compared to the previous 12 months. (Twitter)
- On Facebook, videos receive up to 59% higher engagement than other posts. (Buffer)
- 47% of video marketers say that 1-2 minute videos perform best on social media.
- 75% of businesses use online platforms to make videos; 16% keep a design team; 9% hire a freelancer or an agency.
- Common obstacles to creating more videos are affordability (56%), lack of time (31%), and the effort video creation requires (13%).
- Video ad spendings will increase by 41,9% by 2024. (Statista)
- 96% of video marketers plan to increase their video budget in 2022. (HubSpot)
- 97% of businesses say video content will be a priority for them in 2022.
Now you own all the key video marketing statistics that will help you boost your video marketing efforts and enhance your marketing strategy with winning video content. Choose one of our templates and create an engaging video today!